Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Boys (of summer) Are Back

No embedding (can't figure that out yet), but listen: The Boys are Back in Town (Belle and Sebastian Cover)



No story, but I went up to Iberia (aka Siberia due to its northerly and somewhat out-of-the-way location) to snap some baseball photos. (Click on that photo to see a few more spring sports photos I've taken thusfar.)

They've got a great team this year (ranked 10th in Class 2) and some great history. In fact, all the small schools in the area have a good passion for baseball: they're too small to have football teams, so they play fall baseball instead.

More baseball is always a great thing.

I'm excited for the season to begin. At all levels. Look here: The Tigers dumped Sheffield today. Hallelujah, now Thames can start and hit his 40 home runs!

6 comments:

Tony said...

This should help for mp3 embedding:

http://www.musicwebtown.com/community/index.php

Tony said...

And don't forget to change your plane of view for some photos. Crouch down sometimes or get up high.

JHitts said...

I was confined behind the chain-link fence for this game, so my range of motion was limited.

Thanks for the linkage.

E said...

Awesome mp3 find. "I'm a Cuckoo" is basically the same song, but I didn't know they actually covered it.

JHitts said...

It's on their live BBC sessions they just released. I didn't realize how great of a live band they actually could be (they don't exactly sound like they'd be fun live, most of the time) until I found it.

Anonymous said...

Good idea. It would take me a while, because I would have to draw every road in Manhattan. The exhaustion I felt after going through that would be too understated without all the roads.

The automatically generated related posts revealed that I have something in common with Julianne Moore. It reads:

"Here is dinosaur hunter, cannibal chaser and friend of Knox Harrington (the video artist) getting a traffic ticket outside her New York City home over the weekend."