Thursday, April 23, 2009

Misc.

I've already waxed about my obsession with the band Phoenix on other internet locales (we need to have some word to distinguish the regular "blogosphere" from the Sad Bear blogosphere...any suggestions?), so I won't do so again here. I just seriously can't get enough.

Some other new releases I'm interested in getting from bands I've never really heard: Art Brut, Doves and Junior Boys.

*Just wanted to give you a heads up: KC Star sportswriter Joe Posnanski's blog is one of the best around. One of the funniest things I've read in weeks was the post in which he detailed his three worst sports screw-ups. It hit close to home, especially that first one about Magic, since I imagine that to be me.

In general, he seems to "get" blogging. A lot of older sports guys don't. His tone is very conversational, and sometimes he'll write something serious and then offset something funny immediately after it in italics. Not novel, certainly, but it sort of reminds me of how a Jim Gaffigan routine might look if written down.

Just read his dissection of an ultra-dumb quote from Reds' second baseman Brandon Phillips.

He also hates Kyle Farnsworth, as does this guy.

No comments: