Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sure Shot

Don't know how long this will be up, so watch it now (and never mnd the fact that the video is too large for my damn blog): Marshall's Markel Humphrey drains a 75-foot three to beat SMU.

Watch more ESPN videos on AOL Video



Mostly I like the interview; he seems like a nice kid and he's honest about it:
Interviewer: If we give you 100 tries to make that shot in that same situation, how many times do you make that shot?
Humphrey: Out of a hundred, I'd probably have to say...zero. That's just a lucky shot, man, I just threw it up there.

I love my job because I can watch this video, at full volume on full screen if I so desired, and nobody would bat an eye. Yes, that's right. Just one of the many perks of being a sportswriter (which also include working from 11 a.m. to about 12 p.m. every night and driving to obscure little high school gymnasiums in small towns to watch a wrestling meet. Awesome).

2 comments:

Tony said...

Unfortunately, not the most miraculous in recent months: full courter in high school.

JHitts said...

Oh yeah, I saw that on Sportscenter the other day. That was sweet.